Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers to your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so others can come by and read your answers as well!
- Which electronic devices do you use to blog with?
I only use my laptop. I have WordPress installed on my phone, but it’s too limiting for all the STUFF I use to create a post.
- Do you have a mission statement for your blog, if so, what is it?
My tagline (when it’s displayed per theme layout) is “For all the decadence SL has to offer.” Since I wanted to cover residential life, photography and fashion blogging all on the same blog, it seemed to sum it up well.
- How do you feel about blogs that use their platforms to spread negativity?
I don’t like them and I don’t read them. I’m all for sharing opinions and having a lively discussion, but if all someone is doing is complaining or trying to tear someone else down, I have zero tolerance for that.
- Are you a grammar junkie? Do you thoroughly check your blog for errors before posting and/or do you judge other people’s posts if they contain errors?
I’m a tad OCD when it comes to grammar although there are certain abbreviations I’ve come to accept as the new standard vernacular, i.e. cuz. I do read through my posts before hitting PUBLISH and try to get all the errors corrected beforehand. I’ll go back and fix them later if needed, but when I find errors after it’s published I’m so embarrassed! I wouldn’t say I “judge” other posts based on grammatical errors, but if it’s a hot mess to read and hard to understand I won’t be coming back to try again.
- If you could switch blogs with another blogger who would it be?
I don’t know that I’d switch blogs, but I sure would love to be able to take and edit pictures like Strawberry Signh or Xantheanne.
- Has your blog/blogging style evolved over the year(s)? How?
Yes, I believe it has. I use to separate what I considered photography from blogging and wouldn’t mix the two for the longest time. Now I’m combining them in my posts to show a more artistic rendering of items and then the detail pics so you know what you’re getting without all the lighting and editing.
- What is the most extraordinary thing that has happened to you because of blogging?
I’ve met a lot of fun and interesting people that I don’t think I’d have had the chance to meet otherwise. My SL has turned in a whole new direction since I began this blogging journey.
- When it comes to Second Life blogs, there are different styles: Fashion bloggers, Lifestyle & Travel bloggers, Informative bloggers, and more. Which style do you prefer and where do you feel your blog fits in?
I’m definitely a fashion blogger myself, but I do enjoy reading other types of blogs as well like Living in a Modem World to stay current on what’s going on with the tech side of SL with a smattering of destination spots worth checking out.
- What has blogging taught you?
That it’s hard work! I have lots more respect for bloggers now and all the effort and time they put into it.
- Share your top 3 tips for new bloggers.
1.) Blog what you like, not what someone says you should like. 2.) Be prepared to spend your own Lindens! Review copies are great if you get them, but most times you’ll need to supplement those items to complete a look you’re going for. 3.) Have fun! Blogging should be something you enjoy and not work!
Now for a trip down memory lane. My first official fashion blog post was published 8/17/13 called It’s So Lubbly! Here’s the pic that went along with it:
My most recent fashion blog post was published 4/29/14 called A Trace of Asian Influence. Here are the pics associated with that post:
So what do you think? Have I evolved on My Blogging Journey?