So many books! So little time!
I absolutely love books, as I’ve already stated as recently as this Literary Wonder post showcasing The Seraphim Social, an event bringing together books and the creations inspired by them. So when I saw Strawberry’s meme yesterday I knew I was going to be participating! Here are the instructions:
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so we can all come and see. If you create an image for this meme, feel free to share it in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
- Are you a bookworm? – Completely! I love books, reading them and being surrounded by them. I admit I don’t read quite as much as I did before I found SL, but reading is still my most fave activity to do out in the real world.
- Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – I like the look of hardcovers, especially special editions or those with gold trimmed pages, but I buy paperbacks as a general rule for cost and storage reasons. Paperbacks are cheaper and you can fit a lot more on a shelf than the hardcover counterparts. When ebooks first came out I was skeptical because I like the look, feel and even the smell of books, but initially the cost was so low to get an ebook that I amassed quite the library on my Nook of authors I’ve never heard of or wanted to try. Now that ebooks aren’t any cheaper, I’m right back to the paperbacks, which just look better on my shelf when part of a series anyway.
- Which book is your favorite? – My all time favorite book is Jane Eyre. I do love series as a whole or even authors tho that I always look for when I’m at the store or browsing online. I have very varied tastes in books so it’s hard to pin down another fave beyond the current infatuation.
- Which children’s book is your favorite? – I can’t say I have a fave children’s book, but I love fairy tales in their original, embellished or retold formats like The Five Hundred Kingdoms books. Those are fabulous and told from the view point of fairy godmothers most times.
- What’s the last book you’ve read? – I just finished reading Nora Robert’s Bride Quartet Series. Always start at the beginning and end at the end!
- Name your top five favorite writers: – Only 5?!? This is going to be the hardest question on the list I bet. Here goes. Kim Harrison, Rachel Cain, JR Ward, Cecelia Ahern, Mercedes Lackey.
- Name a book that had a strong impact on you: – The Book of God This is the Bible told in novel format. Much easier to get through than the original and brought the stories to life around me in a way Sunday school classes never did.
- Favorite & least favorite book genres? – I love paranormal romance novels. Everything mystical fascinates me and I love happy endings. I’m not a fan of poetry because I usually don’t understand it or I have to think about it too hard to understand it and it reminds me too much of my Advanced Placement classes from high school.
- Favorite & least favorite book-to-movie adaptions? – I almost never watch the movie if I’ve read the book or vice versa. Movies have a time frame that most books just can’t be squished enough to fit into without losing the best parts. Or I’ve created the look of the characters in my mind from a book and I can’t translate that well to who Hollywood picked for the part. One movie that I saw recently based on a book was The Host. It was awful, but the book is brilliant.
- Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? – Oh yes, I do this all the time!
- Where do you usually buy your books? – Barnes and Noble. I’m such a book geek that Barnes and Noble gift cards were my Christmas presents and I LOVED them!
- Do you go to the library? – I use to go all the time growing up, but I don’t any more. I have this problem of wanting to own all the books I’ve read, even if I’ll never read them again. I like the look of them on my shelves and when I glance through them from time to time I recall the story or even what was happening in my life when I was reading them. Books are memories.
- How many books do you own? – Ok, so this is the hardest question on the list! I have absolutely no idea how many I own. I have a bookcase in my bedroom and one in the office. They are full to bursting. Then I have a “to be read” drawer of an armoire. Oh, and the books in the Barnes and Noble bags I haven’t found a place for yet…
- If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on? I think I’d take a psychological slant to it and research how playing Second Life effects a person’s RL thoughts, feelings, perceptions and even activities. Many people say this isn’t a game and I fully believe that. Sometimes it can feel more real to me than my RL. *steps away from the laptop*
Hair – Magika – Road (NEW)
Dimples – L.Fauna – Dimples in pale
Top – Forever Young – Scoop Neck Tee in bleached pack (@ Suicide Dollz)
Shorts – LDP – Shorts Roses Black
Nail Applier – ZOZ – Just Dark Metals
Ring – Pretty Liar – Moody Ring (@ Suicide Dollz)
Single Pose – Captivity Co
Scene 1 Items:
Books with pose – .Infiniti. – Family History 4 (gacha)
Cheeky Pea – Dean Door Shelf plum,
BeetleBones – Wizarding Frog Prince RARE (gacha)
22769 ~ bauwerk – I like Chinese
Lisp – Charlotte Nerd Bookends Less Gold
Scene 2 Items:
Books with pose – .Infiniti. – Family History 3 (gacha)
floorplan – reader print, spool table, throne chair (adult), book clutter
Lisp– Anna book open, Jacob bookcase with books
Aria – Oolong Teacup Planter Succulent Plant Pink (gacha)
The Loft – rug (@ Collabor88)
Eyeshadow – Beauty Killer – Disco in green
Lipstick – Pink Acid – Naturally Lippy in tangerine
Shape – Anatomy – Jade face plus modified body
Skin – Pink Fuel – Sora Peach
Eyelashes – Mon Cheri – Falsies
Eyes – Ikon – Ascension (chocolate)
Breasts – Lolas! – Tango
Hands – Slink Mesh Hands (casual)
Feet – Gos Boutique – Flat with Flip Flop add-on
Tushy – Luck Inc – Cute Azz
Find these links HERE.